Latest News from SRCC Office
The Women’s 18 Hole Interclub Season is officially launching and recruiting for any new, interested team member. The first match of the season kicks off at home on Wednesday, June 3rd.
Come join and help bring the trophy back to Shaker Ridge!
What is Interclub?
- A fun, competitive way to get together and meet other women golfers , while playing other local clubs.
- Interclub is a Capital Region Women’s golf tradition where 10 local clubs recruit teams of ladies to play and compete against one another in a series of match-play events throughout the season.
- Each match has 8 players from each club, consisting of 2 singles matches and 3 sets of doubles matches.
- Each match considers handicaps and strokes.
- Throughout the season, clubs rack up points based on the number of matches won throughout the summer. The season concludes with the top four teams facing off in a playoff early fall.
What is required for sign up?
- Players must have a 32 handicap or less
- $15 season dues
- Each event costs $25 for greens fees plus cart fee, which is club dependent.
Interested in signing up or learning more?
Please contact Katie Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYS ESD has just updated their guidance to include golf and driving ranges as outdoor, low-risk recreational activities.
All of the following club activities are now permissible:
- Golf lessons are now permitted.
- Driving ranges may be opened.
- Locker rooms may now be used.
- Single use golf carts are now permitted.
Social distancing must be maintained in all areas and activities. If you can’t maintain the required 6 feet, you must wear a mask.
- Golf Lessons: More information will be available as soon as Mark, Mike and I have all the tools in place and we are sure we can accommodate lessons. An email will be sent.
- Driving Range: Please keep the appropriate distance. Do not handle the practice balls other than ones you are actually hitting. Please respect the staff give them the proper social distancing space that allows them to restock the range balls safely. Staffing levels are still tight, we appreciate your patience.
- Locker Rooms: You will have access to the locker rooms. Social must be adhered to or you must wear a mask. We strongly recommend you wear a mask when entering the locker rooms. We will get hand sanitizer stationed at the entry doors as soon as we can. We ask you be as expedient as possible when utilizing the locker rooms.
- Golf Carts: Golf carts will be single riders only. At this time, we are only allowing 1 bag on the cart, to ensure we maintain proper social distancing. You must check with the pro shop when taking cart. Upon returning the cart, please return it to the corral by the cart barn. We ask that you remove any garbage when exiting the cart. No bag service or attendants at this time. Do not take a cart from the corral area. Carts in the corral will be cleaned and sanitized before the next rental.
We have been informed that the following parameters apply to this new designation: Non-essential personnel are still not permitted at golf and country clubs.
- Examples: No caddies, no starters, no restaurant service workers other than essential for curbside service. In addition to what has already been permitted, anyone essential for the operation of the premises per the new allowances are permitted.
In every instance, it will be incumbent upon the club to establish and maintain appropriate safety protocols, sanitizing requirements and social distancing measures.
We appreciate your cooperation, understanding and patience as we proceed.
POOL NEWS: Unfortunately, a decision on opening pools has not been made yet. When NY State and Albany County make a decision, we will let know.
- Proper golf attire must be worn on the golf course, driving range and practice areas by any person on the course, at all times.
- Accepted attire is considered mid-thigh shorts, golf slacks and golf skirts.
- Collared golf shirts, turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks, sweaters, or sweatshirts of an acceptable golf style are required.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Cut-offs, short-shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts and running shorts are not permitted on the golf course.
- Tee-shirts, tank – tops, and halter tops are not permitted on the golf course or in the clubhouse.
- Blue jeans of any kind are not allowed on the golf course.
- Shoes must be worn in all areas except locker rooms and pool area. No bare feet allowed outside the locker rooms and pool area.
- All players on the course shall abide by this dress code, so remember to inform any guest prior to their arrival.
- The Golf Professional and his staff are responsible for the enforcement of the dress code.
- Final judgment regarding proper golf attire shall be by the Golf Professional or his staff in his absence and/or by the Board of Governors.
Recent Tournament Results
Congratulations to Alan Krafchin on his Hole in One on the 12th hole, 174 Yards. Alan hit a 3-Hybrid. Congratulations to Nicholas Marini & Rob Feldman for Overall Gross in the Ramsden. Congratulations to Mike MacArevey & Rick Maxstadt on Overall Net in the...
1Mary Ann Kling20th Hole in cup2Dee Cocca19th Hole in cup3Kathy McLaughlin19th 20 feet out4Sara Spychalski19th 10 yards out5Sienna Wheeler19th 120 yards out6Jean Goldsmith19th 130 yards out7TRachel Barlette18th holed out7TDawn Cox18th holed out9Karen Lorette18th hole...
Pro-Shop Phone: (518) 869-5101
Albany, NY 12211
GHIN System – If you enter your e-mail address to the GHIN system so you can have your index sent to you, please note that AOL blocks the GHIN server from sending e-mails to its address. If you have another e-mail address, please use it.
Dress code – Denim in good taste is permitted in the member dining room, locker rooms and patio dining areas. Please make sure your guests and family are aware of our policy.
|How to repair a divot|
|How to repair a ball mark|
We want to hear from you, so we created the form below so that you can submit any comments, questions, or even complaints. Your message will be confidential. Please include your contact information so that we can get back to you.